Loughborough College Sport (Majorca) in partnership with Palma College
The Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Subsidiary in Sport is a vocational (1 A-Level equivalent) course that sits alongside an A-level programme at Palma College that takes two years to complete. The course can aid progression onto Higher Education in the UK and employment in the sports & leisure sector.
The Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Subsidiary in Sport consists of 5 units, which explore a variety of different areas, including:
- Unit 1 – Health, Wellbeing and Sport (Year 1)
- Unit 2 – Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry (Year 1)
- Unit 5 – Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity (Year 2)
- Unit 9 – Nutrition for Physical Activity and Exercise (Year 2)
- Unit 27 – Sports Psychology (Year 2)
The course is internally assessed (no examinations) and delivered in a vocational manner, with assessments ranging from written reports, portfolios, posters to verbal assessments, presentations, and practical observations.
- Equivalent of five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English Language and Maths Level C/4.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.